Inspire integrates with the third-party cloud-based survey application, SurveyMonkey, to allow you to send and manage surveys from within Inspire.
Surveys are used in the traditional sense to solicit feedback or take a quick pulse check on the company. Surveys can also be useful for reinforcing learning and training using spaced check-ins with learners to reinforce key concepts, provide micro-learning opportunities, and engage learners in an interactive manner while assessing retention of concepts and material.
- A paid SurveyMonkey account is required to create and manage integrated surveys.
- Access to Surveys in the Inspire Administration Module requires Inspire Administrator permissions and an Essentials Plus license.
- Survey Integration is a one time process to link Inspire with your SurveyMonkey account. See How to use Survey Integration for instructions on integration.
This article will discuss the following topics:
Select the Survey
1. On the top toolbar, click the Modules menu and select Administration.
2. On the left side of the Admin page under the section, click Sets to expand the set of survey categories.
Note: Not all survey sets are available to everyone. Access to survey sets may be restricted by user role, administrator access, or through specific licensed modules.
The Assessment Set shown in this article is included in Inspire Essentials.
Overview of Schedule Survey page
A - The Details section shows the detail information about the current survey selected.
Details may include:
- the SurveyMonkey Folder Type; for example, My Surveys.
- the name of the SurveyMonkey Folder where the survey resides.
- the name of the Survey you'll be sending. If more than one survey is available in the SurveyMonkey folder, click in this field and select the correct survey name from the list of available surveys.
- the Survey Instance Name. The survey instance name is a custom title you can assign to this survey to differentiate the individual times you've sent the same survey. The Survey Instance Name can help you easily identify the send time and recipient list for specific survey instances.
- the Survey Start date and time. If the survey is currently open in SurveyMonkey, you can set a specific date and time for this instance of the survey to start. The default survey start date and time is midnight of the current date. If the default time is unchanged, the survey will be sent out immediately to the newest participants listed in the Assigned list (D) as soon as the button is clicked.
- the survey Cutoff Date/Time. Use the survey cutoff date and time toggle switch to set a survey cutoff date and time, if desired. Note that these setting may be overridden by settings in SurveyMonkey. Please refer to the SurveyMonkey site for details on this setting.
- SurveyMonkey Anonymous Responses setting. Please refer to the SurveyMonkey site for details on this setting.
- SurveyMonkey Response Editing setting. Please refer to the SurveyMonkey site for details on this setting.
B - Use the Participants section to select your survey participants from the Available list. You can select Individuals or Groups. Click the box next to a name to select it. You can also use the button to Select All names or Clear All names.
Note: Active Inspire accounts are listed as Available Individual participants (B). Groups can also be selected by clicking in the field and selecting Groups instead of the default of Individuals. Group names listed under Groups were previously created by an Administrator.
A new group can be created by an Administrator on-the-fly when scheduling a survey by reviewing the Assigned participants and checking the box to the left of each name to be included in the new group, then by clicking the green button and giving the new group a unique name. The group can then be used again in the future to send a survey to the exact same group of participants.
C - Add/Remove buttons. Move names from Available to Assigned and vice versa. Once you've selected all of the individual names or group name(s) from the Available list, click the blue button to move the selected participants to the Assigned list. You can use the red button to remove the name from the Assigned list.
D - the names or groups shown in the Assigned list that have been added from the Available list.
E - Click the Preview Survey to see the the survey as the participants will see it.
F - Click the button to complete the Schedule Survey page. The Survey will be sent at the date and time specified in the Survey Start field. The Schedule Survey page can also be cancelled or completely deleted from here with the appropriate buttons.
Schedule/Send a Survey
1. Verify the information shown in the Details section (A):
- Select the correct survey to schedule using the Survey field.
- Enter the Survey Instance Name.
- Reminder: This is the custom title you use to differentiate this survey request from any past or future survey requests for this specific survey and/or this specific group or class.
- Verify the Survey Start field is correct for the when you want this survey to start.
- Reminder: If the default date and time are unchanged the survey is triggered and sent immediately when the button (F) is clicked.
2. Select the participants for the survey from the Available list (B).
3. Click the blue button (C) to move the selected participants to the Assigned list (D).
4. Review the Assigned list for accuracy and completeness (D).
5. Click the button (F) to complete the Schedule Survey page. The Survey will be sent at the date and time specified in the Survey Start field.
- Reminder: If the default date and time are unchanged the survey is triggered and sent immediately.
Add Participants to a Scheduled or Sent Survey
1. Select the additional participants for the survey from the Available list (B).
2. Click the button to move the selected participants to the Assigned list (C).
3. Review the Assigned list for accuracy and completeness (D).
4. Click the button to complete the Schedule Survey page. The Survey will be sent at the date and time specified in the Survey Start field.
- Reminder: If the default date and time occur in the past, the survey is triggered and the survey is sent immediately ONLY to the newly added participant(s). The original Assigned participants will NOT receive another survey.
Return to Top
Red Alert Indicators in the Assigned Section
(A) indicates that this recipient has already been sent this survey. Hovering over the symbol displays the This survey has already been sent to this participant message.
(B) indicates that this recipient is not in Inspire; the survey was sent to this recipient directly from within SurveyMonkey and this recipient has been updated to this Assigned list from SurveyMonkey.